Are you moving from West Palm Beach to Miami? If you do, surely you are interested in making this process as easy and as smooth as possible. And in this article, Best Movers in Florida will show you all the most important steps that you need to go through in order the organize a swift and stress-free relocation. Let’s take a look.
Leave yourself enough time to organize the move properly
Even though you are in for an 80-mile transition, you still have something that is called long distance relocation in front of you. And as we all know, long distance relocations are something that should be taken seriously. The preparation process, in such cases, could last a month or two in order to be organized properly. Bear this in mind when you choose the time when to start preparing. Our suggestion is to start as soon as you can. The more time you have to prepare, the easier the whole process of moving from West Palm Beach to Miami will be.
Plan every step of the process
Whenever you are preparing for a complicated process, like a long distance move is, you need to have some sort of a plan. If you never moved before, surely you do not have clue on how the things that need to be completed before the best movers in West Palm Beach arrive at your home. And you probably do not know in what order you need to do those tasks. Our suggestion is to use the internet to see how others have organized similar relocations and to take their experiences as an example. In any case, this article should use as a good guide as well.
Dealing with your belongings
Relocation is essentially a process of transporting your belongings from one place to another. Yes, in this case, you need to find the best movers in Miami in order to do so. However, before you start searching for movers, you need to organize your moving inventory. And by sorting out your inventory we mean decluttering and making a moving inventory list of items that will be traveling with you to Miami.
Decluttering and removing excess items
Decluttering before the move has many benefits. Residential movers in Florida estimate the cost of your move based on the weight of your moving inventory. This means that decluttering is making your move cheaper. Moreover, getting rid of part of your items will also make the moving process easier, as you have fewer items to pack and move. Finally, if you do this smart, you can make a good profit on selling your items. Here are some of the options you have for dealing with items you do not want to move to Miami:
- Organize a garage sale – This is the most profitable way to get rid of your junk. However, it requires a lot of items, time, and organizational skills in order to be organized properly.
- Selling your furniture to a used furniture retailer – If you have a lot of furniture to get rid of, selling it to a used furniture retailer is a fast way to do it. Still, do not expect to make a large profit this way.
- Sell your items online – If you have only a few items to sell, doing it online may be the solution that you are looking for. The only problem with this option is that you never know how long it will take to sell everything you have.
- Donate to charity – Donating to charity organizations, besides making you feel good about yourself, also makes the process of removing junk easy. Most such organizations will come to your place and take the items without you having to deal with transport. Moreover, in some cases donating during relocation could make you eligible for certain tax deductions in the future.
- Rent a storage unit – If you have a lot of items that you do not want to move but do not want to remove completely, renting a storage unit is the only solution.
- Junk removal service – When you feel that items you removed are not of use for anyone, you could call junk removal service to help you.
Preparing a moving inventory list for moving from West Palm Beach to Miami
Once you get rid of the junk, it is time to deal with items that you plan to move with you to Miami. More precisely, you need to make a complete list of items. You need to list their names, colors, conditions, and most importantly, their weight. Movers will want to know how heavy your moving inventory is before they can give you a moving estimate.
Prepare a budget if you want to control your expenses
When you finish with completing your moving inventory, before you call movers, you should plan your budget. Long distance relocations can be quite expensive in some cases. Therefore it is important to make a good plan in order to keep your expenses under control.
Find an appropriate moving service
Finding good movers is the final step that you need to take care of in order to complete your move from West Palm Beach to Miami. Of course, when you search for movers there are two things that you should focus on. Their reliability and service they offer. There are many fraudulent movers on the market. That is why you need to be absolutely sure that you are dealing with true professionals. Also, to make the move as easy as possible, your movers need to offer services that will make this process, stress-free for you. This usually requires, packing services, furniture disassembling and reassembling, piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
Start planning on time and everything will be easier
As you can see, there are many things that you need to do in order to make the process of moving from West Palm Beach to Miami smooth and without stress. The most important part is to leave yourself enough time to be able to do everything. That is going to be the key.