There are plenty of college towns in the USA. However, Florida is definitely one of the best countries when it comes to education. It has one of the best high schools and colleges, low dropout rates. Over 30% of the population has a Bachelor’s degree. So, if you are a student and planning on moving here, we wholeheartedly recommend it. Here’s the list of our top 10 best college towns in Florida for 2021.
Best Movers in Florida offer a vast database of reliable moving companies that you can hire by the push of a button. You don’t have to spend countless hours researching which moving company is the perfect fit for you. All you need to do is head on over to our website, input what kind of moving company you are looking for, and at a moment’s notice, you’ll be connected to a perfect moving company for you.
The 10 Best College Towns In Florida For 2021
As we have mentioned there are a lot of great options for your education in Florida. However, if you are looking for the best colleges to relocate then there are some brief notes to take into consideration. First, make sure you calculate your daily income. Or, in other words, make sure you know how much the cost of living in each town you decide to move to is. You don’t want to move to somewhere expensive if you don’t have that luxury. There are plenty of other more affordable towns to relocate to that offer the same quality of education. Second, make sure you have a moving plan. Choose your moving date. Hire movers, and finally don’t forget to declutter. The fewer items you bring with you the fewer the cost of the relocation will be.
What are the best college towns?
So, we all know why you came here. You want to know what is the best of the best college towns, right? The creme de la creme, the creme of the crop of college towns. The ones that offer extremely valuable education while on the other hand offer awesome nightlife options. And chill places to relax after a hard day of studying. So, without further adieu here are our top picks.
Best college towns: top 3 picks
- Colar Gables. Colar Gables has around 50.00 people living in it. Around 18% of that population are students. The Median Rent is not the best. However, it has the best unemployment rate on this list. And on top of that, it’s one of the safest cities to be in. It’s located the 11th safest city on most crime rate websites. With colleges like the University of Miami, University of Southernmost Florida – Coral Gables Campus, it’s no wonder why this town is so high on our list.
- Boca Raton. Boca Raton has a higher population count than Coral Gables, and a tad bit more students living in it. The Median Rent is lower, as well. However, the unemployment rate is higher than Coral Gables, and both cities have a similar ranking when it comes to safety. You’ll have access to the Florida Atlantic University, Lynn University, and Everglades University.
- Winter Park. Winter Park has a population of around 30.000 people living in it. With around 12% of the population being students. The Median Rent is around $1.183, and the second-best unemployment rate on this list. However, from our entire top list, it’s the highest in crime rank. You’ll also have access to Full Sail University, Rollins College, Orange Technical College – Winter Park Campus.
Best College Towns in Florida for 2021: the rest
If you are looking for the best of the best then we recommend moving to Colar Gables. If money is an issue relocate to Winter Park. However, if you want the best of both worlds, make sure you contact us today and help us find you the most reliable Boca Raton movers. However, if you find Colar Gables, Boca Raton, or Winter Park expensive there are plenty of other options out there. We recommend that you check out:
Other great college towns
- St. Petersburg. St Petersburg has a population of 260.000 people. It’s underwhelmingly the worst city with the smallest number of students. However, the median rent is approachable, and the unemployment rate is quite good, as well. However, unfortunately, the crime rate is quite high compared to the rest of Florida cities on this list.
- Pensacola. Unlike St.Petersburg, Pensacola has quite a large number of students living in it. The Median Rent is excellent. It’s around $900 a month. While the unemployment rate isn’t the best, you’ll have access to Pensacola State College, The University of West Florida, and the Geroge Stone Technical Center.
- Gainesville. Gainseville has the smallest population on this list. With around 130.000 people living here. However, it’s overwhelmingly swamped with students (around 40%). Also, the Median Rent is quite approachable. You’ll have access to the University of Florida, Santa Fe College, and City College – Gainesville.
- Sarasota. Suncoast Technical College, Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota School of Massage Therapy are all located here. The Median Rent is $1.069, and the unemployment rate is quite low here as well. Making it the perfect choice if you want to be a surgical technologist, practical nurse, nursing assistant, etc. If you are planning on moving here make sure you find reliable movers in Sarasota.
Tampa is one of the safest cities on this list to relocate to. The Median Rent is around $1.000 and you’ll have access to the University of Tampa. What’s there not to love? On the other hand, Fort Myers has a population count of around 77.000 people. Around 20% of that population are students. The Median Rent is extremely affordable, and the unemployment rate is quite low, as well. However, unlike Tampa, the crime rates are higher in Fort Myers. However, if you want to be a part of the Southern Technical College, Florida Gulf Coast University of Florida Southwestern State College, make sure you relocate here! Last but by no means least, Clearwater. The unemployment rate is a tad bit higher than it is in Fort Myers, but it’s much safer. You’ll have access to St Petersburg College, as well.