Every relocation will make you realize that you have to declutter or store some of your belongings. There are items that you can easily get rid of, and that is always a great thing to do. But, if you are planning to hire the most reliable local movers Florida offers, you have to declutter first. So, if you took a good look at your belongings, and realize that storing books long-term would fix some of your issues, you should go for it! It’s not as hard as you might think, and it can really get the price of your move down. Don’t worry, because if you do your part fine, your books will be safe for a long time.
How do you prepare for storing books long-term?
When it comes to storing books, especially for a long period of time, you will have to know a thing or two. First of all, make sure you know how to protect these books the right way. It is crucial since the books will get damaged if you don’t do this part right. Other things can be donated, but you can keep the books forever and enjoy them every single day.
Here is what you need to do
- Clean all the books before you start preparing them for long-term storage. Dust and make sure they are not dirty or wet before you pack them. If some are wet, they might develop fungus and infect the rest of the books. Avoid this by drying them in the sun and you will be fine.
- Once the books are clean, you can start looking for a suitable kind of paper to wrap them in. You should use packing paper that won’t let the moisture inside and damage the books. Wrap each book individually and tape the ends of the paper.
- Stack books into the moving boxes. Get the high-quality ones so you are sure that your books won’t get damaged.
- When packing the books, pack a few at the time. This way, you can be sure that your box won’t burst when you lift it up, with the books inside.
- Find the right storage unit. Make sure that it’s not humid and that there is a good ventilation system. This way you can be sure that your books won’t get damaged by the moisture.
- You have to make sure that your storage unit is not damaged in the roof area, so it won’t rain inside.
- Hiring specialty movers, like the best pool table movers Florida makes sense in this case as well.
- You will move much easier if you pack just a few books per box.
Once you are done with preparing your books, you will be able to do a great job of storing books long-term. Don’t worry, if the storage unit is suitable, you can even get a used moving box. It won’t hurt at all.