Pembroke Pines, with its welcoming community and quality living, awaits you. This city offers excellent schools, ample parks, and easy access to Miami’s job market and cultural scene. If you’re moving from Tallahassee to Pembroke Pines, you’ll want everything to go easily. Before you find some of the best movers in Florida to relocate you, find out everything you need to know about this place you’ll soon call home!
Why Choose Pembroke Pines?
Choosing Pembroke Pines for your next home offers a perfect balance between suburban peace and the buzz of city life. Situated in Broward County, this city is close enough to Miami to enjoy its rich cultural offerings without the constant hustle. It is known for its commitment to quality living, evidenced by its excellent public schools and beautifully maintained parks. These features make it a magnet for families seeking a nurturing environment for their children. Professionals also find Pembroke Pines appealing due to its thriving job market and the strong sense of community that welcomes new residents.
The city’s layout promotes an active lifestyle, with numerous parks and recreational areas encouraging outdoor activities. Living in Pembroke Pines means you get the best of both worlds: easy access to metropolitan amenities while enjoying a calm, family-oriented community. This makes Pembroke Pines not just a place to live, but a place to thrive.
Preparing for Your Move
- Research and Plan Ahead: Start by exploring neighborhoods to find the one that best suits your lifestyle and budget. Consider factors like proximity to work, schools, and amenities.
- Budget Wisely: Moving can come with unexpected costs. Set a realistic budget that covers moving services, packing supplies, and any immediate needs upon arriving in your new home.
- Hire a Reliable Moving Company: Look for one of the best movers in Pembroke Pines with positive reviews and a track record of reliability.
- Downsize: This is a perfect opportunity to declutter. Sell, donate, or discard items you no longer need. This step can reduce moving costs and simplify the packing process.
- Update Your Address: Remember to change your address with the post office, banks, and other important institutions. Also, transfer utilities and internet services to your new address.
- Explore the Area Virtually: Familiarize yourself with Pembroke Pines through online maps and community forums. This research can help you feel more at home upon arrival.
The Cost of Living in Pembroke Pines
Understanding the cost of living is crucial for anyone considering moving from Tallahassee to Pembroke Pines with the help of residential movers Tallahassee. On average, residents spend about $2,902 monthly for living here. A significant portion goes towards housing, with the average home value at $486,772. For those looking to rent, the median price as of February 2024 stands at $2,601, showcasing the demand for quality living spaces in this community.
Groceries for one person can amount to $612 per month. Transportation expenses are relatively low, averaging $74.2 monthly, which is beneficial for commuters and those traveling around the city. Utilities for one person, including electricity, heating, water, and more, cost about $99.3 per month, indicating efficient and reasonably priced services. These figures highlight Pembroke Pines as a place where residents can enjoy a comfortable lifestyle. The city’s cost of living aligns with its quality of life, offering a balance between affordability and access to top-notch amenities and services.
Education and Employment
In Pembroke Pines, the commitment to education shines through its public school system, which offers some of the highest-rated schools in Broward County. Schools like Pembroke Pines Charter High School have outstanding graduation rates, reflecting the city’s dedication to educational excellence. Additionally, the area hosts campuses for higher education institutions, including Broward College, which offers a range of programs catering to diverse career paths.
The employment landscape in Pembroke Pines is equally impressive, supported by a strong economy that fosters job creation across multiple sectors. The healthcare sector, for instance, is a major employer, with Memorial Hospital West providing numerous jobs in various medical and administrative roles. Retail also plays a significant role in the local economy, with the Shops at Pembroke Gardens offering employment opportunities in sales, management, and customer service.
As of January 2024, the average salary in Pembroke Pines stands at $20.97 per hour, indicating a healthy job market competitive with national standards. This figure is particularly significant when considering the cost of living in the area, offering residents a sustainable lifestyle. Furthermore, the city’s proximity to Miami enhances career prospects, allowing residents to tap into the larger metropolitan job market while enjoying the benefits of suburban living. Pembroke Pines’ strategic focus on education and employment underlines its status as a city where families can flourish and professionals can thrive, making it a standout choice for those seeking a balance between work and life in South Florida.
When Moving From Tallahassee to Pembroke Pines, Choose the Right Neighborhood
Discovering the best neighborhoods in Pembroke Pines before moving with some of the best movers in Tallahassee means finding places where community, comfort, and convenience come together. Here’s a quick look at the top areas:
- SilverLakes: Offers serene lakefront properties and well-kept community spaces. Ideal for families seeking tranquility and outdoor activities.
- Pembroke Falls: Known for its modern homes and outstanding amenities like a clubhouse, pool, and tennis courts. A hit with active families.
- Chapel Trail: Appeals to those looking for a suburban feel with access to nature trails, parks, and good schools. Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
- TownGate: Features a mix of affordable homes and townhouses. Its proximity to shopping centers and schools makes it great for convenience.
- Grand Palms: A gated community with a golf course, fitness center, and spa. Suited for those looking for luxury and leisure.
Make the Most of Your Move!
Moving from Tallahassee to Pembroke Pines marks a significant change. This relocation opens up new opportunities for education, employment, and lifestyle. Pembroke Pines welcomes newcomers with a supportive community, quality living, and many neighborhoods to suit every preference. Whether you seek a quiet, family-friendly area or a lively community close to work and schools, Pembroke Pines has something for everyone!