Are you looking for some extra space for your belongings? Whether you are decluttering your home, downsizing your living space or moving to another city – storage units can be the solution. There are many benefits of renting storage units and the biggest one is – getting some extra space. If you want to make sure that your moving boxes or some bulky furniture are safe, you should consider finding a good storage facility near you. Also, you can consider even hiring someone to pack them. In the meanwhile, let’s take a look at some of the most common benefits of renting storage units. This guide can help you find them, whether you’re looking for short-term or long-term storage solutions.
The benefits of renting storage units – get some extra space
Whether you just moved in into your new home or just don’t have enough room – storage unit is a solution. One of the benefits of renting storage units is the extra space you can get. If you have some bulky furniture, tools, a bicycle to store, a good quality storage unit is what you need. Speaking of items that you can out in storage, you can’t put just anything in it.
Depending on the size and quality of the unit, you might need to take special care of some belongings. For example, items that are sensitive to temperature changes and moisture should be packed a certain way. If you need to store valuable items in a storage unit, make sure to pack them in plastic containers or plastic wrap. Another way to secure them is to hire reliable storage services Florida and ask professional packers to do it for you. Before you consider all the benefits of renting storage units, let’s see what you can store in them:
- Clothes, blankets, bed linen, and other soft materials. These types of items are the most resistant and won’t damage easily. However, you might need to wash all of the fabrics after taking them out of the storage unit.
- Bulky furniture, fragile items, and artwork. Depending on the material they are made out of, these items should be secured the proper way. If you want to store them in a unit, make sure that the unit is climate-controlled, clean and free of water damage.
- Books, shoes, kitchenware, dishes etc. These are all the items that can be easily packed in moving boxes. However, make sure to use the right packing materials to avoid breaking some of them.
Planning a move? Store the extra moving boxes
If you plan on moving to Florida you might need some extra storage space for your moving boxes. One of the most common benefits of renting storage units is getting that extra space for your inventory. If you are moving your home, you might need to store your moving boxes before getting the keys to your new house.
On the other hand, storage units are the most convenient solution for company relocation. If you are moving your business, you don’t have to worry about all the office furniture and other inventory. Just ask your movers to help you find a good storage solution. Experienced moving companies usually offer storage solutions, especially when moving a business.
What should a good quality storage unit look like?
When it comes to the benefits of renting storage units, we should mention that not every unit is good for storing just anything. In case you have some extra tools and some old things to store, most of the storage units could work. However, in order to find a good and secure storage facility, this is what you should look for:
- Clean space. Although this sounds like too much to ask from a basic storage unit, it’s important. Storing in a clean storage unit will help you avoid damage and stains on some sensitive items.
- Good lighting. When stacking 5 large moving boxes one on top of another, you should be able to keep track of your inventory with ease. This is why good lighting is a very important feature in a storage unit.
- The proper size of a unit. Keep in mind that the unit you plan to rent should be a proper size. After all, you don’ want to damage your belongings by overcrowding the space.
- Climate-controlled storage unit. For storing temperature-sensitive items, a climate-controlled storage unit is the best solution.
- Security cameras. Obviously, a top-notch security system in a storage unit is always the best solution.
How to find the best storage unit around you?
After realizing all the benefits of renting storage units, you should make sure to find a proper one. There are many ways to do this. One of them is to browse the internet and try to find a good storage facility near your home/office. Another way, and maybe a better one, is to ask your local movers Florida for help. Moving company often offer their own storage units for rent or cooperate with larger storage facilities.
When searching for the best storage units, make sure to compare the renting prices. Some facilities offer discounts for long-term renting. However, be careful with the pricing that seems too good to be true. The best advice is to ask around and try to get a recommendation from friends or a moving company you trust. There are many benefits of renting storage units, so you should consider finding one. Your belongings will be safe and you won’t have to worry about overcrowding your home.