As a musician myself, I often had troubles finding a perfect place to practice with my band. Sure, there were studios meant for band practice, but what happens when you can’t find one? There are several solutions to this problem, but recently, people discovered one more. And that one proves to be the most effective. Here you will find out everything you need to know about the advantages of band practices in storage units!
Band practices in storage units are not possible every time
Yes, this is very true! Although a lot of new bands decide to practice in storage units, there are some restrictions. You can spend hours and hours of practice there, but you have to be sure you are not bothering anyone. One of the first reasons why you should plan band practices in storage units is financial. Renting a unit on monthly basis is very cheap! But you will have to bring your own equipment. In many cases, storage companies will allow you to make a studio out of their unit. Furthermore, they welcome it because you will surely be a regular and won’t store anything bad in it. Sometimes though it can be very hard to find a friendly owner who will allow this.
If you do happen to find one, then there is one other issue. How to transport your studio equipment and instruments? They require special care and protection during transport. Which is why it is a good idea to hire reliable and professional movers Lake Worth FL to do the job for you! They have the equipment and knowledge to the job!
Can you turn the storage unit into a studio
Even if the owner allows you to use his storage unit as a rehearsal studio, you still need to see if you can do it. There are several things you need to do before you turn it into a music studio! Have in mind, you will often hear a “no” from a storage unit owner. And these are some of the factors that influence whether or not you can rent a storage unit for band practice:
- How much noise you make! You have to follow noise ordinance laws in order to rent a unit for band practice! These laws are there to protect residential areas from high volume noise.
- A storage unit doesn’t have enough power! As you may know, some storage units do not come with power outlets.
- A storage unit can have very limited access. If the unit isn’t available 24h a day for you, then do not plan a band practice there.
- There should be absolutely no drugs or alcohol! Especially for underaged!
These are just some of the things you have to have in mind before renting a unit. Always check with the storage unit owner if the conditions are met! Furthermore, some of the moving companies have their own storage units! Talk to your local moving company and ask them about storage units! See what other moving services Florida offer to you besides storage units and transportation. Maybe you’ll find a solution.
Storage units have better security
This is a very important part of this article! Because you will bring your equipment with you, and they are very valuable. A lot of things can go wrong if you leave your stuff unprotected! Which is why you should think about the security before your band practices in storage units! A good storage unit has the following security measures:
- Camera surveillance! Every storage unit must have 24/7 surveillance camera security! This is one of the best ways you can make sure your items are protected
- A good entrance lock! This part of the storage unit is also very important! As it will make a tough job for would-be robbers! Units with good locks are not that hard to find since it is mandatory to have them!
- A good anti fire security system! After we talked about the intruder protection, we must mention good weather protection! As well as protection against possible fire. Every unit needs to have sprinklers build up in them. And also, there must be no leaking in the storage unit. We all know how much damage water can bring to instruments and equipment.
If a storage unit fulfills these conditions, then you should definitely rent it! Not only will you have a good place for band practices, but also save a lot of money. But, that is not the only part where you can save money on transportation! After you rent a unit, think about the other ways to cut the moving expenses and save money on moving before you relocate your equipment there.
Always follow the rules and regulations!
So you landed a sweet deal for your band practices in storage units! That is great! In order to stay that way, you need to follow up on some basic rules we mentioned before. Any bad behavior coming from you will only badly influence your band and not the other way around. Keep the noise in the allowed spectrum and always avoid doing any illegal activities. Underage drinking, drugs, and parties are not allowed in storage units! This is something you must have in mind when you are planning to move in with your items! If your friends are helping you equip the new studio, talk with them about this topic! You can do this while you instruct your friends on how to help you transport your items!
Band practices in storage units are an excellent idea! Not only are they cheap, but you can even find a large unit that has enough space for everything! These are just some of the things you need to think about before renting a unit! If you are a seasoned storage unit musician, tell us about your experience! Our readers will be happy to learn more from you!